2004/07/12

Information Management vs Knowledge Management

Continuing on the tread initiated by Martin (see Where is Tom [Wilson]?...), now the focus is on the discussion of IM vs KM and building up. Lateste comments by Tom Collins There's No Such Thing As ... Knowledge Management?:

"But KM is concerned with more than just the life cycle of information. It is concerned with the life cycle of knowledge. This includes both the artifacts or representations of knowledge (which might have that fleeting life cycle, after which they become information) and the processes by which knowledge is acquired, created, and conveyed (which are not necessarily so brief). brief). "

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your information on Knowledge Management. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on Knowledge Management Exposed - I'd really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a lot of useful info about Knowledge Management on your blog - thank you. I also have a new Knowledge Management Tips blog - please click over and have a look

    ReplyDelete